My Situation Broom

-Redeploying Hindsight To A Forward Position-

Tuesday, August 22

Soulless Clowns, Indeed

While I sort out in my head some coming commentary on a recent conversation with friends, I suggest visiting here. If you are able, take a few minutes to listen to what's on offer at the speaker icon. The main page for onegoodmove offers a fine supply of spot-on and/or funny political commentary, much of it in video form. It's a favorite page of mine, out of New Zealand. (I love the sub-heading.)

The idea of memes got me thinking. If the ability to imitate and accumulate a wide range of memes is what distinguishes us from animals, then maybe innovation is not the human element, as is often assumed, but a divine one. (Whatever that means. Up to you.) This fits with my general feeling of mass religion as un-divine, and actually basely and blatantly human, since it depends much more on imitation than actual inspiration. And art, as I implied in the above-mentioned-and-someday-to-be-blogged-about conversation, may actually be more of a divine "religion" than, well, religion. Because as we all know, artists never copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home