My Situation Broom

-Redeploying Hindsight To A Forward Position-

Wednesday, September 6

Enjoy

Have I mentioned this before? My "mother of all conspiracy theories?"

Well, here it is: Islam calls for the return of Jesus, too.

That's all.

I hesitate to call it a consp-theo, to coin an awkwardness, because it's just a tidbit, a nugget, a sliver of possible meaning.

I distrust consp-theos for the same reasons I distrust religions: they tend to work backwards from a premise, or from a social group's wish-fulfillment. Sometimes they just work spirally, or sideways, starting from a bunch of hogwash. Or they just don't work in any way I'd want to be part of. Followers often seem to want to avoid rigorous investigation of the details of reality, or to be myopically relating to a jumbled mass of details over which they obsess.

Of course, perfectly reasonable folks can give credence to a conspiracy theory or a religious faith. But they tend to do it as part of a larger, more widely acceptable framework of expectations and viewpoints. At least as far as I can tell.

So what to make of my tidbit, my nugget, my sliver of possible meaning?

Well, if you take the Republican rapturist evangelicals, and the Project For A New American Century, and the petro-military-industrial complex, and the various divisions within Islam (seemingly as inter-conflicted and intra-corrupted as any Christian wackjobs you can name); and the masses of violent men huddled around the capitols and hot-spots of the world, yearning to breathe strong in large or small worlds of their own terrible creation; and if you accept the tendency of major world events to be the results not so much of orchestration, but of half-obvious/half-hidden bee-hives of cross-purposed activities, focussed on a few principles held more-or-less in common...

...Then perhaps my tidbit become a worrisome little bee in yr bonnet, at least one sleepless night per month

Basically, what I worries me is that powerful people on both sides of this War Of Terror have a shared and deeply-held belief that things getting much, much worse in the world is merely a sign of that things are about to get much, much better. Magically. (Yikes!)

That's all.

And it's prolly nothing.

But trouble?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home